Sunday, February 21, 2021

Storybook Plan

Quick Note:

 I accidentally did the majority of this assignment already in a previous post. The link to that post is here if you want to see the original post but I will summarize the specific places it applies also in this post.

Image result for library row of books

(Image Source: Pixy)

 Sources:

For references to the Greek Underworld I will largely be using Theoi for character concepts and Wikipedia for details on geography and general themes. For Norse afterlives I will be referencing Ancient History Encyclopedia. The same will hold true for the Aztec afterlife. Finally I will be using a large discussion board as my primary source for Hawaiian afterlife

Plot Points:

I plan on having my character visit multiple afterlives/underworlds in search of the one that is his best fit. He will definitely be visiting the Greek Underworld, the various Norse afterlives, the Aztec version of heaven and hell, and the mysterious Hawaiian afterlife. There will also likely be references to Egyptian and/or Hindu afterlives or afterlife deities, though the extent and mode of these references is still in its infancy.

Narrative:

I wanted to make a story which helped explain many different Underworlds/afterlives and the best way I could think of tying them all together is essentially having a car salesman approach. Sounds kinda silly, but I promise it makes at least some sense. I was going to have one "Culling Deity" (a term of my own to refer to gods which are responsible for capturing or guiding souls) try and help a problematic soul find its appropriate afterlife. With this in mind, I was planning on having Thanatos, the Greek god of death, take a soul to each of his eligible underworlds and try to sell him on one, highlighting the good and bad points of all. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 13 Story: The End of Beowulf

 A Tale from the Background Sven stared enviously at the pile of gold in the dragon's lair. Wiglaf had just commanded all of the earls, ...