Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Assignment Reflection

 The layout of the assignment in this class is quite a bit different than any class I have had before. This is likely due in a large part to my never having had a creative writing course at OU, which seems to be a very important aspect of this class. While it is largely unfamiliar to me, I really do think I will like the flow of the class and it seems to be very intuitive. In many ways the outline of a generic week will be similar to mathematical order of operations: first you read the story, then you rewrite the story, then you comment and edit on the stories of the class. I'll admit I am a tad confused about the purpose of splitting the reading assignment into two parts; but I'm sure understanding will come with experience once the actual coursework begins. Additionally, I am super excited for several of the extra credit options, the most notable being the extra reading and microfictions!

Free photo: open, book, near, ceramic, mug, books, reading | Hippopx

(Image Source: HippoPX)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 13 Story: The End of Beowulf

 A Tale from the Background Sven stared enviously at the pile of gold in the dragon's lair. Wiglaf had just commanded all of the earls, ...