Monday, March 15, 2021

Tech Tip: Blog Profile

 I just finished up tweaking some aspects of my Blogger page and profile and was astounded by the number of things which could be modified about the page I had not noticed before! When I initially set up the page, my goal was for simple functionality and I did not spend hardly any time reviewing the options for personalization which were available. Now that I have had a chance to rework some of the finer points I missed before, I feel like many blanks in the page are now filled. My profile has been more fleshed out, though I am still unable to add an image to the profile for technical reasons which are beyond my understanding or experience. I redid some of the widgets on my home page and reorganized the sidebar so that it is more user-friendly, now that I know what makes these websites more navigable. I have been taking note of other blogs this semester and I definitely stole some ideas for organization from them! 

As far as my online identity up until this point, it has never been a thought which has crossed my mind. I am not a user of social media and typically do not spend much tome on the internet at all. However, I recognize that the world is growing to rely on both of these in larger degrees tag previously, so I intend to take advantage of the situations this class has put me in to better familiarize myself with some aspects of online work and identity so that I may be better prepared for a future career and be more marketable as a candidate in applications/interviews. The aspect of my online identity I would most like to grow is being known as a clear and likable writer. I have always enjoyed writing, both for pleasure and academic writing, and would want my reputation as a good writer to be the greatest defining characteristic of my online profiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 13 Story: The End of Beowulf

 A Tale from the Background Sven stared enviously at the pile of gold in the dragon's lair. Wiglaf had just commanded all of the earls, ...