Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Week 8 Comments and Feedback

Feedback with emoji - Free Image by S M R on PixaHive.com

(Image Source: PixaHive)

1.) The feedback I have received this semester has been really quite good! In past classes, I have had little luck with constructive feedback from my classmates, but this group is very different. Almost all of the feedback I have received has helped me make my stories better and more cohesive and my writing clearer and more concise. I'm not sure if this is because of the focus on good feedback strategies in this class (though that is what I suspect), but it has been very helpful and I am grateful for the good feedback each week!
2.) I feel like the feedback which I give is pretty good also, as much of what I have used to synthesize my feedback strategies has come form the same sources as my classmates and from copying that which I have found successful coming from my classmates in my own writing. I wouldn't say any one strategy has been particularly helpful, they all seem to perform at about the same level for me.
3.)  I do feel like I am starting to get to know several people better through their blogs and because I am becoming more familiar with their writing style. I have bookmarked several students and am excited to have had the opportunity to read their stories each week! In contrast, I am not very satisfied with my initial introduction post, as I feel I did not do a good job of writing an introduction which would allow people to know me more. My introduction was fairly one-dimensional, because I wore around very specific theme, and would make it much broader if I were to redo it.
4.) I truthfully feel that the feedback I am currently receiving and giving is at a very good place where people are both giving and receiving very workable commentary. I believe my Comment Wall is fairly well situated, as there is not much to the page, but I am definitely reconsidering some amendments to my introduction to make it more personable for future readers.
5.) I chose this image because I feel a very important part of feedback is understanding what the author of either a comment or a written story meant to convey through their writing. Understand, putting yourself in their shoes, helps garner insight so that you can better provide commentary which will be applicable and helpful to them.
(Image Source: Cheezburger)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 13 Story: The End of Beowulf

 A Tale from the Background Sven stared enviously at the pile of gold in the dragon's lair. Wiglaf had just commanded all of the earls, ...